Classification of Unilag Students - An Article by Estelle Shuga

No two humans can be the same is a phrase we are all acquainted with. We all have different personalities and that is what makes this world very interesting. I can't even imagine a world with the entire human race acting in the same way. My God! It would have been as boring as hell.( some people said hell is not boring o! I don't know how true it is, but you can go to confirm. I will be waiting for the feedback).

I am a student of this great institution. Greatest Akokites! Great! My experience so far has been great. To this effect, i have drafted my own classification of Unilag students. Yes, my own classification. I am sure you all would have read one or two things about Unilag students. But here's the freshest gist about them. Fasten your seat belt and don't take your eyes off this article.

1. The Brainees
These are the first set of students you will notice immediately you enter Unilag. I call them the 'Geniuses'. Their knowledge is just too much, it oozes out naturally. They know so much to the extent that when they open their mouths to talk everyone is like ' yepa, we are dead!Some lecturers are a bit skeptical about them because they can disgrace their ministry. So they usually respect their sizes.( abeg lecturers na article o!). Sometimes these students are too forward. Hmmn 'bebetos'. They love to show off; as if the rest of us are dullards. But the most surprising thing about this category of students is that their results are not always 'gbam!' as expected. Most of them just have the knowledge but do not know how to put it down or apply it in reality.

2. The Smart Asses
Please permit me to use that word. I call them 'King Solomon's Descendants'. This is one of the best category of students. There is a popular saying in Unilag, it goes thus: 'Work smart and not hard'. I'm sure we have all heard that saying. Its usually said at most orientation programmes. Let me explain that phrase a little. This group of students are not as knowledgeable as the 'brainees' but they also know their onions. They may not look or act smart on a normal day, but you will be amazed when their results are out and they have the highest g.p.
Some hardly attend lectures but their g.p does all talking. It's best to make friends with these kind of people because you will not fail; except you refuse to learn the tricks of the trade. They may play and attend all the parties in this world throughout a semester, but meet them a few days before the exam. You will be amazed at how they have answered the entire Unilag past questions. If you need an answer to any question, just inquire from them. They will give it to you word for word. You will think they are reading the textbook to you. They also have the right connections and get all the authentic infos on time before most people get wind of them. They are in the system. They know what's up !

3. The Famzers
This is a very interesting category. Unilag students no dey carry last for this aspect. No offense please. They are also known as ' attachment', 'glue' or simply put ' the poster'. They can stick to you in the same way sweat sticks to the human body. Now let me quickly define what the term 'famzing' is all about. It is a slang that is commonly used among the youths. It simply means 'unnecessary association'. It occurs when people ; usually those who know but who do not pay attention to you attempt to create this uncalled for relations with you. Most likely because of your status or because of their own selfish interests. These students would never acknowledge your presence on a regular day. But just 'blow' , they will cling to you as if they are a layer of your skin. They will publicise you even better than your PR. You will be hearing comments like: "shebi it's Stella, hmmm! I have known that girl for ten years. Ahnn! We grew up together. Our mothers are close friends" . Don't be surprised, it happens. Deal with it.

4. The Big Boys/ Girls
This category is further sub divided into two :
a. The Humblers
b. The Attention seekers/ Spenders
Before i go further, let me talk about how students are classified as big boys/ girls. They include the kind of car you drive, your fashion sense, your occupation ( we have business people in Unilag o!), the calibre of people you 'roll' with, your popularity and your income level. Although it's hard to really know the last point, but trust me I have my sources. Tataafo is what I do.

So I'll leave you guys to do the maths about the students that are influential. Back to the matter. The humblers. I love these set of students. They have but they do not show it. They are really boxed up but you will never know anything about their business. 'Low key' is their middle name. They are cool headed. They attend classes and go about their jobs quietly. Their grades speak for them. Make sure you have one as a 'bae' or 'boo'. Please it's just an advice o! If they use you to cook soup, am not there o!

The attention seekers/ spenders need no introduction. The perfume they wear is enough for you to write a 10 page essay about them. Their middle name is 'swag'. They park their cars where everyone will see. For the guys in this group, they love blaring their stereo. You guys should calm down o! For the girls, when you see them you will think you are witnessing a fashion show on campus. Their middle name is 'designer'. The phones they carry about can pay my fees till i graduate. What am i saying? It can even pay for my Masters. Did i forget to mention the weaves they wear? You will just be hearing: " yeah, i just got this Funmi weave. Yeah 24 inches. Its 100% human hair, have a feel of it". Kilode gaan? Tori Olorun! Come and read your books o! I heard that it is 'aristo' that is funding their ministry. You did not hear anything fron my mouth o! Before they will come and break my small head here.

5. The Preachers
Yes, we all know them (both Christians and Muslims). They can preach for Africa. When they start, even one's spirit will go on vacation. They are easily identified by their attitude and at times dress sense. Well, most of them don't abide by what they preach. Please don't ask me how I know because I have my sources and most of all, my eyes are still functioning properly.

Watch out for the concluding part of this article.  Till then stay healthy and happy! Estelle Shuga loves y'all.  Xoxo.  Fingers crossed!!

Copyright @estelleshuga blog

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.